Us Versus

Me vs you, spy vs spy, us vs them, good vs evil and so on, there are a lot of “versus” situations in life.

I see a life lesson in the ‘us versus’ approach. Relationally with my family I want it to be us taking on any challenges that arise. We want to tackle problems together and also we want to enjoy the good stuff together and be bored together as well. We want to become so close that it’s not all of us at someplace at the same time and we all happen to be doing something at the same time, but rather that we are all together undertaking the activity. We want it to be “Us Versus” anything else.

Note we don’t want to be “us against” everything else because it’s not a fight, but simply that we encounter life together and live in a way that reflects that.

Sound like a fine line between one or the other? I’ve discovered that often issues are solved and become extremely clear if we take it back to the earliest and simplest point possible and then see what the very fine points are that really distinguish the options. This works for looking at different religions, personal problems, relationships and so much more. Think back to the earliest point and you will see a time where things were not all that different. When you discover the small differences, then you can track them forward and see how they grow and become big differences.

On a far deeper and more important level when it comes to God & I, I want it to be “Us Versus”. I want to encounter life together with God. Go through the tough stuff, the good stuff and all the in between happenings with Him together. Just like it started for Adam & Eve, walking together with God in the garden. Or as the New Testament puts it, learn the unforced rhythms of grace. ( Mat 11:29  Walk with me and work with me--watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. – Msg Bible)

Blessings on you as you learn to have good relationships and tackle things together with God.

You & God taking on life together!

No comments:

Post a Comment